- Crew Member Wall: The final sailing list.
There will be 1,197 individual wall components in a continuous
row throughout the museum with one for each crew member. Each
crew member wall will feature their personal story and history,
photographs, personal affects, artifacts, memorabilia and stories
from their family.
- USS Indianapolis in Peace Time 1930s.
- USS Indianapolis, ship of State for President Franklin
- USS Indianapolis 1932 to 1945 History Timeline.
- Captains of the USS Indianapolis.
- The Life of Captain Charles McVay.
- History of the Navy Officers and Commanders in
the Pacific Theater.
Example: Biography and artifacts of Admiral Raymond Spruance, Commander
of Fifth Fleet and Graduate of Shortridge High School in Indianapolis.
- Pearl Harbor Attack Starts World War II with the
sinking of the USS Arizona and the sinking of of the USS Indianapolis
Ends World War II.
Example: History of Ships Lost During World War II.
- USS Indianapolis Pacific Campaigns
and "Ten Battle
- History and Timeline of Mission to Deliver Atomic
- Memorial Wall, Display and Artifacts honoring those
who lost their lives while serving on board.
- USS Indianapolis Sinking History and Timeline.
- Minorities serving on the USS Indianapolis.
Approximately 39 African-American sailors died instantly when the first
torpedo hit the bow of the USS Indianapolis.
- Crew Survival in the Water.
- History of Rescue Ships and Hospital Ships with
Personal Crew Stories and Artifacts.
- History of Rescue Aircraft and Personal Crew Stories
- The Court Martial of Captain Charles McVay.
- Student, Hunter Scott's Work to have Congress Exonerate
Captain Charles McVay.
- History of the Atomic Bomb Development from Beginning
- History of Japanese Submarines with Special Feature
on the I-58, Commander and Crew.
- Role of the Japanese Kamikaze Attack in World War
Other Museum Main Features
- USS Indianapolis History Center and
Library for Research.
- Theater for Video History of the USS Indianapolis and
Special Guest Lectures.
- Area for Traveling World War II Exhibits On-Loan
From Other Museums.
- History of Indiana Navy Ships and Vessels.
Captain Charles McVay of the
Commander Mochitsura Hashimoto
of the Japanese submarine I-58.
History of USN Hospital Ships
of the Pacific. Here the USS Tranquillity (AH-14) arrives at
Guam carrying survivors of USS Indianapolis on August 8,1945